Sunday, March 27, 2011

Uganda - Worst place to be gay

Has anyone of you watched the 57 minutes long documentary done up by BBC and Scott Mills - World's worst place to be gay?

Download and Watch it here:

Personally, i have to say, Scott Mills is very cute. But that's not the point of the show. The point was to see how people in Uganda actually believed that homosexuality is wrong, that it's a sin. And while one may argue that there are such people everywhere, the people in Uganda actually have people from the government (where i thought you gotta be somewhat smart to be in the position) to people from the streets thinking that homosexuals should be killed. And what's worse, some of them act that way.

It's a cold and cruel world there. Families kick homosexual children out, people stone them, rape them and nobody would give a fuck. Homosexuals are being abused, hunted down and beaten up. Gay cures are it's supreme idiocy there, with chicken whacking to being spitted at and laughed upon.

It's fucking depressing a show to watch. And heart-wrenching to see how there are such people that actually exist in the world. People who hate for purely no reason of hating, but because of anti-gay propagandas. To have government itself passing laws that makes no sense and hath no humanity.

Even though Singapore might makes sex illegal for me, even though my parents aren't approving of the whole gay issue, it's made me realize that me being alive and not worried about dying or getting beaten up tomorrow, is a blessing by itself.

It makes you wonder, how pathetic life is. These people thinks that some people are just practically born just to get killed. If God actually intended for that to happen, he's not worthy of that title. I'm just saying. If he did intended to create gay people just to have them killed by disapproving bigots, then he's really pretty lame.

God, if you do exist, please, bless the ones worth blessing, the ones living and not knowing about their fate the next day, just cause they come out the way you intended for them to be.

Jallen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jallen. Chanced upon your blog and so here I am. I have t admit that even though I was not against homosexuality, I am not pro-gays as well. However, I was never able to fully undstd how people similar to you actually feel deep down.
    I used to go to church religiously every weekend and as you know bible teachings state that homosexuals are a sin. However, my pastor did say that we shld learn t accept everyone. So I guess, only the Christian extremists wld deem homosexuality as an outright sin. And guess what, they’re gg to hell anyway. Bcus the Bible says Judge not or you shall be judged.

    I always thought that homosexuality is nurture and not nature. Guess I was wrong. After reading your blog I began to undstd how others like you will feel. And you are able to express yourself so well.

    I just had to leave a comment. What you are doing is admirable. For standing firm in your beliefs and not wanting to raise the white flag. No doubt that you will face countless opposition or maybe even discrimination. But hey, don’t give up! I pray that your family will soon begin to accept you for who you are ya. :)


    Keep on keeping on,
    With love & respect
    Stzx

    ReplyDelete